Hills Football offers a range of Walking Football initiatives including the Walking Football League and Summer Football programs.
What is Walking Football?
Walking Football is a small-sided, low-impact, modified version of the game, suitable for all levels of ability and fitness, from people who are returning to sport after a break or those who’ve never played before.
- It is low-impact, team-based exercise, utilising the defined ‘Walking Football Rules and Formats’ specifically non-contact with the players ‘always having one foot on the ground’.
- The program focuses on passing rather than speed/running. Matches are played with modified formats on smaller pitches with shortened game times.
- Provides both mental and physical benefits and its targeted at those who:
- Still want to be involved in football
- Want to participate in a low impact version of the game (low intensity, limited contact, slower pace etc.)
- Have had a hiatus from football for a number of reasons (injuries, life circumstances, schedule changes etc)
- Want to make friends in a safe, inclusive, and community-based environment
Walking Football Schedule for 2023
HFI Walking Football League:
In line with the 2023 winter football season, HFI will again be facilitating the first ever HFI Walking Football League, running each Sunday in various locations within the Hills area.
Players will register directly with a Hills Football member Club and will represent them each week.
The League will be structured in either 5 v 5 or 7 v 7 formats on smaller playing fields and playing will compete in a structured yet social competition each week.
For more information or to register yourself or a Team, please complete the below EOI Link:
HFI Walking Football enquires to: email@example.com
To see some Walking Football programs in action, head to https://www.playfootball.com.au/player/walking-football