Hills Football in partnership with Kenthurst & District FC and Football NSW is excited to announce of Walking Football programs for 2021. Our Walking Football offering is open to all players via social ‘come and try’ formats as well as our first ever winter competition.
What is Walking Football?
Walking Football is a small-sided, low-impact, modified version of the game, suitable for all levels of ability and fitness, from people who are returning to sport after a break or those who’ve never played before.
- It is low-impact, team-based exercise, utilising the defined ‘Walking Football Rules and Formats’ specifically non-contact with the players ‘always having one foot on the ground’.
- The program focuses on passing rather than speed/running. Matches are played with modified formats on smaller pitches with shortened game times
- Delivered through the Hub format, the Walking Football Program ensures the environment is inclusive, fun, engaging for both new and returning players.
Walking Football aims to provide participants physical & mental health benefits, social connectedness, and promotion of the benefits of ongoing physical activity.
Football Australia – Walking Football page – Walking Football | Play Football
Hills Football Inc – Walking Football Schedule for 2021
HFI/KDFC Come ‘n’ Try Walking Football events:
- Saturday 1st May @ Kenthurst Park (hosted by Kenthurst & District FC)
- Saturday 8th May @ Kenthurst Park (hosted by Kenthurst & District FC)
HFI Walking Football League:
Commencing from Saturday 5th June 2021 HFI will facilitate the first ever HFI Walking Football League, running each Saturday from Kenthurst Park. The competition will run for 8 Weeks incorporating 7 Rounds plus Play-offs; 7v7 on the SSG field setup (40m x30m).
For more information and to register you own (individual) or your Teams (Walking Football League) interest please complete the below EOI Link:
HFI Walking Football – https://form.jotform.com/210898153234861
HFI Walking Football enquires to : firstname.lastname@example.org